Thursday, April 7, 2011

Letter to Vinca from Fina - I

To Vinca Taviani

My loving sister, I was much distressed to hear your sad news. I know you miss your dear Simon with all of your heart, mind, body, and soul. He was taken from this earth far too soon. I am sure Maria is grieving for her son, and hope that she does not mistreat you. I pray that God heals your pain and makes you strong once again.

I do worry about you so. I would visit you, but father needs me here to manage the estate while he creates yet another of his masterpieces. You know how he gets when he is working on his art. I do wish you would return home. You are the only one who can reason with him. He never listens to me. You know there is a place for you here, and I miss you a great deal.

Ever since Lorenzo broke off our engagement and left for Rome, I have stayed close to home. I just can not bear all the whispers and stares. I feel like an outcast in society. I do long for our conversations about men, fashion, and dancing. There is a ball in a fortnight and I do so want to go. I dare not brave it alone. You know father has no interest in society functions. He is perfectly content in his humble studio.

My dearest sister, please return to me. I believe we need each other now more than ever.

- Fina Taviani

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grazie per la vostra gentilezza nel commentare! :)