Friday, March 18, 2011

Letter to Rebecca from Vinca - One

To Lady Rebecca Cecini

My dearest friend Rebecca, I hope this letter finds you well and blessed by God with health and happiness. It seems so long since last we spoke though I know it was only a few weeks past that you graced our casa with your presence. I find I miss your company greatly in this city that still seems so strange to me and I lament that your visit was so very short.

Papá misses your company as well for he often opines the lack of skill at games among others that engage his time in the evening and comments that you gave him true challenge, for a woman. It sorrows me that I have no head for such games, being such a simple girl, and I am no contest to his skill. I have no doubt that Papá loves me, however, despite my lacks.

Since your departure I have received word from my dearest cousin Francesca who resides in Venice. She has asked me to come to that great city to live. While I have no doubt that she only has my best interests in her heart I am unsure about such a move. Papa needs my aid so very greatly with his business matters. I have considered simply going for a visit for a time though I believe Agneta would prefer if I chose to stay with my cousin. Though such thoughts do dishonor to my lady mother and I truly do have great respect and loyalty for her giving birth to me.

I have spoken in great detail about myself and such vanity is unbecoming so please, let me ask about you and your travels. Such exotic lands you journey to and I am most eager to hear all that you have to tell me about such, for one so simple as myself shall never have chance to see such great things.

I end this letter here with dear affection and I hope no great amount of time passes before I hear from you again.

Vinca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grazie per la vostra gentilezza nel commentare! :)